Sameha Dixson, showroom supervisor at Splashes Bath & Kitchen, shares her advice for finding the perfect kitchen faucet for your space.
1) Know your measurements: My biggest thing is measurements. They help us understand the available space, and, together with how it’s going to be used, help us to gauge what can physically fit and how the fixtures should function.
2) Clarify who is going to be using the space: Maybe it’s a basement bathroom for guests, and it’s only used at Christmas time. Then, you might want something a little bit more basic, spending less of your budget in that room versus a main bath, where everyone’s going to be using it, and you need it to be as functional and as versatile as possible.
3) Determine the range of fixtures needed: Once you get an idea of the style you’re attracted to, then look for a brand with a series that has the product depth you need for all the fixtures to accommodate the people using it — sometimes a brand doesn’t make everything, like the shower door or the drain for your sink or tub.
4) Distribute your budget accordingly: One can overspend in a room that gets less use, then wonder why if they’re in a different bathroom all the time. Distribute the budget to make sure you get those special things in the room you’re going to be in most.
5) Know that all of this takes time: It helps to understand that this is not only an investment of money. Getting it right can take time. Cost, availability, cleaning and function all need to be considered. That investment of time can make the difference on whether you’re happy with the choices you make.
Looking for more advice on that perfect kitchen faucet? Read about the three styles that experts are loving for every kitchen.